logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] issues with tile boundaries

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Mar 18 09:39:12 GMT 2013

Hi,

> You mean --trim-to-polygon is optional, and --no-trim-to-polygon default?
> That would be fine with me.

I am not sure yet. If tiles must be aligned to 2048 map units I see no need for a parm.
I also wonder if the resolution parameter in splitter makes any sense. I thought that a higher
resolution value (e.g. 14) helps to solve issues regarding "Area too small to split at ..." messages, but that
is probably not the case. Also the splitter messages "... already at the minimum size so can't be split further"
are probably no longer an issue.
A smaller resolution will save a bit of memory, but even with planet as input the gain
is small, while a much larger value like 16 eats up huge amounts of heap.