logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] issues with tile boundaries

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Mon Mar 18 08:59:18 GMT 2013

Gerd wrote
> Ah, I see. The method TdbBuilder.addToOverviewMap() rounds the coods
> of the tile bboxes with the hardcoded resolution 13.
>
> @Steve: I don't know why that is done, maybe it can be changed ?
>
> Reg. --no-trim-to-polygon:
> I searched the mails to find out why I coded the default to be
> different. I only found your post:
> http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/splitter-r250-and-open-questions-reg-bounding-polygon-tp5738360p5738579.html
>
> So, I think I should change splitter like this:
> rule 1: generated tile boundaries are always aligned to 2048 map
> units.
> rule 2: If a bounding polygon is given, trim the tiles to the bounding
> polygon but allow overlaps to follow rule 1
>
> OK?
> Gerd

You mean --trim-to-polygon is optional, and --no-trim-to-polygon default?
That would be fine with me.

About my former post, I was not aware that this would create gaps in the map, it makes more sense now why some people
are complaining about holes between my germany and benelux map ;-)
But maybe this can be corrected too, so trim-to-polygon wouldnt be an issue anymore.