logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] issues with tile boundaries

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Sun Mar 17 10:19:51 GMT 2013

Gerd wrote:
> no, if you use the split-file parm then splitter doesn't need that
> info.
> I thought that you run splitter seven times with the different poly
> files and the
> same large Europe.osm.pbf. Each execution will do exactly the same
> work in the 1st phase,
> and the result will also be the same (you can compare the different
> densities files.

Thanks, I see what you mean, I never noticed what that file meant.

I thought since I have created all areas.lists now, it would be faster to run the splitter on each areas.list file that I have created. For next update I can safely use the poly files, but before this --no-trim-to-polygon, I was never sure if the splitter created areas which would fit together.