logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] issues with tile boundaries

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Mar 17 06:13:22 GMT 2013

Hi Minko,

Minko-2 wrote
> Hi Gerd,
> I think the --no-trim-to-polygon patch works as expected! :-)
> Tile boundaries are now a multiple value of 2048, I only need to adjust
> each following polygon after I have done (or at least stop after split) a
> session, but the resulting areas.lists seem to match now.
>
> Next thing is to split the whole map and run mkgmap again to see if the
> artifacts are gone.
> To be continued...

good to hear. Maybe this is helpful for you:
At the end of the 1st phase splitter writes the file densities-out.txt to
the output directory.
This was meant to be used as a debugging aid for me, but it may save some
time for you as well.
You can rename the file to densities.txt and copy it to the working
directory of splitter.
If splitter finds such a file, it will not read the OSM input for phase 1,
instead it uses this file to calculate the split areas. A message like
reading density data from D:\eclipse_workspace\splitter\densities.txt
is printed to stderr to tell you this.