logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing Problems in Mapsource

From Geoff Sherlock geoffrey_sherlock at btinternet.com on Sat Mar 16 11:47:03 GMT 2013

Hi,

I generate routable maps for walking in the UK, but have come across a couple of problems trying to route down certain ways in Mapsource. These ways do not cross any tile boundaries in Mapsource.

For some reason the following unclassified highway cannot be routed along. This may be as it contains a gate at one end, but I do not show gates in my rules files for points of interest. Even though I do not show gates does this act as a barrier for routing purposes?
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/166723108/history

lines style file contains the following lines for unclassified highway:
highway=unclassified & access!=private [0x06 road_class=1 road_speed=1 level 1]
. . .
. . .
# No routing for private road
highway=unclassified [0x06 level 1]

The second one concerns a bridleway with no special attributes:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/39771110/history

I thought at first it was because the bridleway  I was trying to route from contained foot=unknown, so I forced this in the lines style with:
highway=bridleway {set bicycle=yes; set foot=yes}
highway=cycleway {set horse=no; set foot=yes}
highway=footway {set horse=no; set bicycle=no}

And it is drawn with:
highway=bridleway [0x11 road_class=0 road_speed=1 level 1]

I have attached a couple of jpegs showing how Mapsource is avoiding these ways for routing purposes.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Geoff.