logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] "No roads near target" bug in Schwabmünchen

From Franco Bez franco.bez at web.de on Sat Mar 16 06:51:56 GMT 2013

Hi all,

I have a strange routing Problem im Schwabmünchen
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.197592&lon=10.764289&zoom=18
When I try to set a route to "Autohaus Schönwetter" or any other Point
on the "Robert Bosch Straße" I get "no roads near target" on the Oregon,
while the Nüvi just hangs with "Computing Route" forever.
Routing to the "V-Markt" works fine.

Sorry I cannot point you to the exact Version when the Bug was
introduced, but I build two maps with the exactly same style and osm data.
Using mkgmap-r2460 does NOT have this problem.
Using a recent Version of mkgmap like r2526 or the latest r2529 HAS the
problem.

So somewhere in between there must have been a change breaking the
routing in residential areas.

Ciao,
  Franco