logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] issues with tile boundaries

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Fri Mar 15 23:06:40 GMT 2013

Hi,

I tried to align the polygon files along a Garmin raster with units divisable by 2048.
Howver, the splitter still does another sort of rounding and draws a different polygon, sometimes it is only one garmin unit difference, but this causes that the polygons doesn't touch each other, and also are not a multiple of 2048 which I think can cause those gaps and artefacts along the borders.

Am I correct? I can manually edit the areas.lists file to make the tiles one garmin unit bigger to see if this will improve the map, but I think the splitter could be improved here?

In the archives I found this rule:
#The numbers used in areas.list are in Garmin units.  To get from
#latitude and longitude in degrees to Garmin units multiply by 46603
#which, incidentally, is (2^24)/360.
#To avoid overlap you have to make sure that the Garmin units are exactly
#divisable by 2048.