logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] poi-address via style

From Walter Schlögl walter.schloegl-resch at aon.at on Fri Mar 15 18:28:55 GMT 2013

Hi Steve,

you wrote: The style controls what goes into the individual fields
I am looking for the field that is used as address field by mkgmap.
With the option poi-address the POI looks like this on my Oregon.

NAME

Street Number
Town

This looks very nice because the name is only the name
and the address is a separate field
and a LF places the town in the next line.

Now I want to customize it.

With the option no-poi-address and the style command
set name='${name} ${addr:street} ${addr:housenumber} ${addr:city}'
the POI looks like this:

NAME Street Number Town

This does not look so nice any more, because the address
is now part of the name.

I am looking for a style command like this.

set name='${name}'
set name2='${addr:street} ${addr:housenumber} <LF> ${addr:city}'

mkgmap is able to place the address in a separate field.
But this feature seems to be only used by the poi-address code.

Walter