logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Suppressing dead-end-checks for parking entrance/exit

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Mar 15 06:38:14 GMT 2013

Hi Marko,

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 08:11:25AM +0100, Gerd Petermann wrote:
> >attached is version 2 of the patch which checks only first and last
> >node of a road.
>
> Thanks! I finally tested this, and it looked OK with my fabricated data
> and style file patch, which did { add fixme=yes } to some nodes.

Great! Thanks for the feedback.

> >Please check:
> >I think the code in RouteNode.reportDeadEnds() does not report a dead
> >end oneway if the routeNode contains a normal (twoway) road because
> >both flags noWayOut and noWayIn are set to false in this case. Is this
> >intended?
>
> I did not implement the dead-end checks. I believe it was Mark Burton,
> who no longer is active in the project. Can you draw ASCII art of the

Sorry for the confusion, seems I read the name marbb as marko.

> = means two-way road
> > means one-way road
> | means dead-end
>
> The cases |==== or ====| should not emit any warning; these should be
> common for highway=residential and highway=service etc.
>
> ====>>>>>| should emit a warning 'goes nowhere'
> ====<<<<<| should emit a warning 'comes from nowhere'
> ====>>>>>==== no warning
> ====<<<<<==== no warning
>
> This is my reasoning; I did not test the actual behaviour. Which case
> did you have in mind?

I don't have a picture in mind. I found the problem while testing the patch.
I used a download containing both ways and removed one. To my surprise
I did not see the expected message from the dead-end check.
I added option --report-dead-ends=2 and still got no message.
So I looked at the source and found what I reported.
I'll have a closer look today.

Gerd