logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter Error

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Mar 14 15:25:50 GMT 2013

RheinSkipper wrote
>> The use of the prepro changes something in the output file, but that
>> seems
>> not to change the draw order. Reversing the order of the lines in
>> wayorder
>> also changes something in the img file, but not the draw order.
>>
> Did you run the prepro after splitter on each tile? I use a script with a
> "for loop" for that. Splitter output must be set to xml.
>
> I attach some test data. With this the prepro works perfectly.

Interesting. All for polygons go into the same sub division, but none is
completely overlapping
the other. In this case the order of the polygons seems to matter.

RheinSkipper wrote
>> It seems that the Garmin algo choses the larger polygon if it finds two
>> overlapping polygons in one sub division.
>>
> Both riverbank and fairway are divided into segments. So the fairway
> polygons are not always smaller than the riverbank.

I was not talking about the original polygons. I looked at those that are
written to the img file (after cutting holes and other preprocessing
regarding number of nodes or size).
The for ways you gave me are divided into many small pieces.

I'll have to look at this a little bit closer...