logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter Error

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Mar 14 10:02:47 GMT 2013

Hi,

I think I have enough info now to continue the work.
I use a variant of the default style for testing, the last for lines look
like this:
#include 'inc/water_polygons';
include 'inc/landuse_polygons';
seamark:type=fairway [0x10302 resolution 20]
waterway=riverbank [0x10303 resolution 20]

My test file contains the bbox
<bounds minlat="49.7021484" minlon="7.8222656" maxlat="50.1855468"
maxlon="8.4375"/>

My results are a bit different, but I also see better results with the
option switched off.
The use of the prepro changes something in the output file, but that seems
not to change
the draw order. Reversing the order of the lines in wayorder also changes
something in the img file,
but not the draw order.

The reason seems to be this:
1) Option switched off
Some sub divisions contain only polygons with type 0x10302, some only
contain 0x10303,
some contain both.
2) Option switched off
All subdivisions that contain a fairway (0x10302 ) do also contain the
riverbank polygon (0x10303)
I tried also with swapped types to make sure that it's not the higher type
value that matters, but that just changed the color to a different blue.
It seems that the Garmin algo choses the larger polygon if it finds two
overlapping polygons in one
sub division.

Conclusion:
Either you need
a) an algo that makes sure that overlapping polygons are not placed within
the same sub division or b) which cuts the smaller polygon out of the larger
one. I don't know yet where to implement that.

I have to think about this again...

Gerd

RheinSkipper wrote