logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter Error

From RheinSkipper rheinskipper1000 at gmx.de on Tue Mar 12 14:31:02 GMT 2013

Ah, I begin to understand. With a few polygons of test data (which might fit into a single sub division), changing order in the input had the desired effect on the drawing order. But with bigger input the results were somehow random.

I hope a practical way can be found to deal with this problem. If one could specify a layer or priority value for several tags within the style file, maybe mkgmap could collect polygons of equal priority in different sub divisions and sort the whole sub divisions in corresponding order.

If it would be necessary to break the map into areas that fit into sub divisions, this could be made optional just for marine maps which do not support routing anyway. Maybe it´s easier without the routing stuff.