logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Default style example invalid?

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Feb 27 17:34:19 GMT 2013

Hi

> yes, base-style is not documented at all in the wiki, and I am not sure
> if it is still useful.

In the real documentation (doc/style,
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/doc/pdf/style-manual.pdf) it says:

base-style:: Do not use anymore. This was used to base a style on
another one. However, it is bug prone and behaves in a way that is not
intuitive without a good understanding of how things work. The
preferred way to do this is to use the include mechanism.

> One has to use
> java -jar mkgmap.jar ... --style-file=c:\mystyles --style=mynicestyle  ...
>
> Is this the intended behaviour? If yes, the wiki should make this clear,
> but I'd prefer
> a default style that doesn't refer to other styles.

Yes, the default style should be self contained.

It is however a bug that you can't just do
   --style-file=c:\mystyles\mynicestyle

but not one that I am going to fix since base-style is on its way
out anyway.

..Steve