logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Default style example invalid?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Feb 27 10:32:22 GMT 2013

Hi,

> Indeed this is something that should be documented much better.

yes, base-style is not documented at all in the wiki, and I am not sure if it is still useful.

reg. the error:
r2508 and below ran into a loop searching for the base-style within the directory specified with --style-file, ending in an stackoverflow
With r2509 I've added a check for that, but I am not 100% sure how base-style should work.

Like others I wanted to create my own variabt of the default style by copying it:
mkdir c:\mystyle
xcopy /s d:\mkgmap\resources\styles\default   c:\mystyle
java -jar mkgmap.jar ... --style-file=c:\mystyle ...

This will not work because the default style uses base-styles.
So I tried

mkdir c:\mystyles
xcopy /s d:\mkgmap\resources\styles  c:\mystyles
xcopy /s d:\mkgmap\resources\styles\default   c:\mystyles\mynicestyle

java -jar mkgmap.jar ... --style-file=c:\mystyles\mynicestyle ...
and that still did not work.

One has to use
java -jar mkgmap.jar ... --style-file=c:\mystyles --style=mynicestyle  ...

Is this the intended behaviour? If yes, the wiki should make this clear, but I'd prefer
a default style that doesn't refer to other styles.

Ciao,