logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] multi-word street search

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Feb 27 09:24:08 GMT 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 01:01:31AM +0100, Michał Rogala wrote:
>I think that its worth introducing some internal variable, like
>mkgmap:stop_words where you can specify your custom  wordlist instead
>of hard-coding it.

Right, and it should be set in the location rules, because the stopwords
vary country by country. 'Ave' or 'St' might be stopword in some
countries, but in a different country someone might want to use them to
find 'Calle Ave Maria' or 'Via St Peter' :-)

>In my example from the first post there is no problem with the "street"
>word because it is not included in OSM street names in Poland

I guess it is mostly the same in Estonia, but there are some street
signs that end in pst (puiestee, avenue), tn (tänav, street), mnt
(maantee, road).

In Finland, the 'street' often is a suffix to the name: -katu, -polku,
-rinne, -tie, as in Kisatie (competition way). Only if the way
designation is avenue (puistotie) or the way is named by a person, the
way designation would be a word on its own.

	Marko