logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] multi-word street search

From Michał Rogala michal.rogala at gmail.com on Wed Feb 27 00:01:31 GMT 2013

I think that its worth introducing some internal variable, like
mkgmap:stop_words where you can specify your custom  wordlist instead of
hard-coding it.

In my example from the first post there is no problem with the "street"
word because it is not included in OSM street names in Poland - main
difficulty with searching is because street can have two different, yet
totally valid names:

Miroslawa Dutka - name and surname of a person

Dutka - just surname

of course in OSM we enter full name and surname, but 99% of people use just
surname for specifying an address.

Indexing every word in street name would solve this problem :).

best regards

Michal Rogala