logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] multi-word street search

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Tue Feb 26 15:00:17 GMT 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:

> So you can construct the index with as many name,offset pairs
> as you like, with the only downside being that the index
> could easily double in size if you just make every word
> indexable.

One idea I have here:

Add all words indexable except they are "Street", "Avenue", "Road"
or whatever else we have in the world which is part of nearly every
street in a country. And Ignore all words which contains only 3 or
less letters (Rd, Ave, Str, ...).

I think this would be a great help if you search for a street.

  Thorsten