logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] zip files

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Feb 26 08:45:22 GMT 2013

Hi WanMil,

thanks for the hints!
Attached is 2nd version of the patch.
I am still not really happy with the new interface LoadableOsmDataSource, but
I did not find a better solution.

By the way: I also tried to use o5m format for precompiled sea data, but I think
it has no advantage (zip file is bigger, and the runtime of the PrecompSeaGenerator
depends mostly on the mp-cut algo.

Gerd

> LoadableMapDataSource:
> public void load(InputStream is, String name) throws FormatException;
>
> should be
>
> public void load(InputStream is) throws FormatException;
>
> or the name should be used consistently in the readers. At the moment
> only the PBF reader uses the name in an error message.

I agree. I did not notice that the name is only used in the pbf reader.

> @Override annotations are not used yet in mkgmap sources.

Yes, I know. Eclipse seems to force me to use them, and I think they
allow to reduce redundant javadoc. What are the cons?

> SeaGenerator:
> 	String precompSea = props.getProperty("precomp-sea", null);
>      	precompSeaDir = new File(precompSea);
> will NPE if precomp-sea is not set.

Argh! How could I miss that?

> Please remove System.out.* as long as it does not contain any message
> that are easily understandable by a user without internal knowledge.

sure. I first tried to implement a singleton class to allow reading the index only
once, but that turned out to be slower. Did not find out why and moved back to the
old way.

> loadIndex(..) Can you please add some comments to the parmeter javadoc
> or remove the param javadoc?

done.