logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] leisure=marina line (Flooding in Biograd)

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sun Feb 24 11:50:30 GMT 2013

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 05:15:03PM +0100, RheinSkipper wrote:
>A blue dotted line is suggested in the above discussion. But there is
>no default type like that available.

Right, and there is no 'default TYP file'.

>I use line type 0x10500 in my map. This renders as a faint magenta line
>so it cannot be mistaken as a jetty or obstacle. This type is normally
>used for restricted areas like no wake zones, which also makes sense in
>a marina. But as an extended marine type it may not show up on all
>devices.
>
>0x2a (marine boundary) would be another option. But it is rendered as
>black line which can be very irritating.

So far, the default style does not use extended types. I would choose
0x2a of these. Anyone who does not like it could use a TYP file or
change the mapping.

Another option would be to remove leisure=marina from the default style
and add the extended type 0x10500 to the marine style.

So, everyone please speak up what should be done.

	Marko