logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] addr:interpolation

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu Feb 21 19:41:11 GMT 2013

Hi Nick,

at first I would like to have some examples that evaluating
addr:interpolation improves the housenumber search.

As far as I know the usual addr:interpolation looks like:

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  n1--------------------n2

where
r = road
n1: addr:housenumber=12; addr:street=Main Street
n2: addr:housenumber=24; addr:street=Main Street
line: addr:interpolation=even

In this case addr:interpolation is an additional information only if the
road has a crossroads between n1 and n2. So something like this:

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

In this case it would be possible to estimate the interpolated numbers
of the road segment:
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Do you think this helps? Can you give some examples where it helps?

WanMil