logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] ["PATCH" v1] Housenumber search for OSM data

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sat Feb 16 21:23:45 GMT 2013

> Hi WanMil
>
>> I have implemented a first prototype to support housenumber search for
>> OSM input data. This is already possible for polish format but not for OSM.
>
> Wow, that is great!
>
> To answer your question in the earlier posting. The way I imagined it
> working (when writing the numbers) is that you would fill in the
> nodeNumber and then that is converted to an "rnodNumber" later on.
>
> It should be possible to do so in the later reaches of the
> addRoadWithoutLoops() method, but that is a method that could do
> with a lot of splitting up.
>
> ..Steve

Hi Steve,

I have improved my patch. It's working quite great. Beside the bad
performance it seems to be rather ready to commit... :-)

I have now distributed the housenumbers to the correct road segments. I
found out that the routing nodes are always of type CoordNode. So I
assume that each segment between two CoordNodes can be assigned with one
Numbers object. Correct? The rnodNumber is the index of the CoordNode
within the points list of the MapRoad object. That's working well. I do
not know if it is possible that some of the CoordNodes are removed in
the further processing? So I could also try to fill in the nodeNumber
(is that the id of the CoordNode?) and then let you do the rest :-)

Gerd posted an assertion. It's thrown if a housenumber is 0. Is that
allowed in the garmin format or do I have to filter it out? I guess I
have to filter out that.

WanMil