logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] memory requirements for generating planet bounds

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu Feb 14 20:36:20 GMT 2013

There is also another way to generate the bounds.
It is possible to cut the planet into pieces. Create the bounds for the
pieces and merge the bounds afterwards. This is how I create bounds.

I can create the bounds with cutting the planet into 3 pieces on a
laptop with 4GB.

You can merge bounds with the following command:
java -cp mkgmap.jar
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.reader.osm.boundary.BoundaryMerger <boundsdir1>
<boundsdir2> <mergeddir>

The command merges the bounds from boundsdir1 and boundsdir2 and put the
merged bounds to mergedir.

I think it would be easier if the BoundaryPreparer accepts multiple
input files and does the merging automatically. Put it on the TODO...

WanMil