logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] PATCH v1: highwayCount

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Feb 10 19:17:40 GMT 2013

Hi Steve,

Steve Ratcliffe wrote
> Hi Gerd
>
>> I found differences for roads which are divided into multiple parts .
>> The polyline parts "arrive" in different order in the
>> RoadDef.addPolylineRef
>> method.
>
> OK so I wrote code to check this. However...
>
> 1. In a complete map of the UK I did not see a single example of there
> being more than one line in the same RoadDef (at the same level).
>
> 2. Lines joining within the same RoadDef is not strictly required as
> there are many unconnected lines in non-mkgmap maps.
>
> I do see the breakage with --transparent in a UK map, so it looks as if
> there is another reason for it.

thanks, I will try.
I saw these effects in the austria map.
The effect of the --transparent option is only a change in the number of
shapes. This means also a change in the number of sub divisions and
how different parts of a road are distributed to these sub divisions.
So, --transparent doesn't directly cause a problem.