logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing issues

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Fri Feb 8 19:10:26 GMT 2013

On 08/02/13 18:37, mkgmap-dev at salo.mailrange.com wrote:
> I think it makes a lot of sense. Maybe I should clarify it further:

> - If I calculate a route that is completely within the top part of the
> island, everything's fine.

> - If I calculate a route that is completely within the bottom part of
> the island, everything's fine.

> - If I calculate a route that goes across the two parts of the island,
> the base map streets seem to be the only ones

Map tiles don't automatically connect, so you can't just download
two overlapping areas and have them join up for routing purposes.

The easiest way is to start with a single file that covers the area of
interest and use use splitter to create the separate tiles since it is
designed to do the right thing.

You could probably make your downloads work by ensuring there is
enough overlap in the actual data, and then manually changing the
bounding boxes inside the files so that the bounding boxes join with
zero overlap.

..Steve