logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] PATCH v1: highwayCount

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri Feb 8 00:04:07 GMT 2013

Smaller?

For me my austria map size increased from 295MB to 345MB...

Routing over long distances is not working at all anymore (much much
worse to before).
Don't have time (need to sleep) to find out if any roads become
unroutable though...
On 07.02.2013 22:25, GerdP wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> attached is a patch that reduces the img size.
> Up to now, mkgmap created many so called CoordNodes when
> a road and e.g. a building shared an OSM node.
> This is not needed and was not intended. As far as I know
> it just blows up the size of the img file (typically ~500kb for each tile).
>
> The patch reduces the amount of CoordNodes and
> also cleans some dead code around the highwayCount.
>
> Please test if you see  any (new) routing problems with this
> patch, I tried quite a while and found none in BaseCamp.
>
> highwayCount_v1.patch
> <http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5748554/highwayCount_v1.patch>
>
> Gerd
>

> --

keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org