logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] poiDispFlag="0xc" in locatorconfig.xml

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Tue Feb 5 18:51:29 GMT 2013

> Felix Hartmann-2 wrote
>> Just a quick question. I couldn't find anywhere documentation what it
>> does exactly. Why is it added for some countries?
>>
>> And what does regionOffset="number" do?
>> ts.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev
>
> I looked at the source and found this:
>
> poiDispFlag is related to the way how addresses are displayed. The value is
> written to the *.img file.
> Default is 0.

I've just found out that there might be a problem in the source code. If
--transparent is set the poiDispFlag of the TREFile is initialized with
constant POI_FLAG_TRANSPARENT=0x2. If the poiDispFlag in the
LocatorConfig.xml is set this is overwritten. So the --transparent flag
should have no effect for POIs in Austria because the poiDispFlag is
configured to 0xc.

@Steve, do you know if that matters?

WanMil