logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Regression: Revision 2448 breaking routing in some cases

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Jan 31 08:52:28 GMT 2013

On 31.01.2013 07:00, GerdP wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>
> Felix Hartmann-2 wrote
>> Oh okay, well then let's put this on the list. I know the
>> remove-short-arcs function is not touching it, but it's 2448 that breaks
>> it. There must be something else touched on the routing side of it. And
>> I would say it's very likely not only happening here, but probably
>> happening in quite a few cases - it just popped up there.
> Did you try to run mkgmap with -ea  ?
> The error in BaseCamp looks like a wrong pointer.
yes -ea enabled, >NUL disabled, no error or info outpout.

> If that doesn't help:
> The most important changes between r2447 and r2448 are:
> 1) removeShortArcsByMergingNodes() is only called for ways that are roads
> 2) In StyledConverter, the (OSM) ways that are roads are processed after all
> other (OSM) ways
> were processed.
>
> As far as I know the order should not matter, but maybe it does somehow.
> Maybe that rings a bell?
Could there be a patch to disable 2) for a try? That would explain why
changing removing power=line solves it (but again I don't think this is
to blame, but just mkgmap putting some routing information wrong).

> Gerd
>

> --

keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org