logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Regression: Revision 2448 breaking routing in some cases

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Jan 31 06:00:25 GMT 2013

Hi Felix,

Felix Hartmann-2 wrote
> Oh okay, well then let's put this on the list. I know the
> remove-short-arcs function is not touching it, but it's 2448 that breaks
> it. There must be something else touched on the routing side of it. And
> I would say it's very likely not only happening here, but probably
> happening in quite a few cases - it just popped up there.

Did you try to run mkgmap with -ea  ?
The error in BaseCamp looks like a wrong pointer.

If that doesn't help:
The most important changes between r2447 and r2448 are:
1) removeShortArcsByMergingNodes() is only called for ways that are roads
2) In StyledConverter, the (OSM) ways that are roads are processed after all
other (OSM) ways
were processed.

As far as I know the order should not matter, but maybe it does somehow.
Maybe that rings a bell?