logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] shapes with holes

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jan 28 22:43:09 GMT 2013

Some notes:
I don't understand why you calculate the distance between a point and a
segment and not between two points?
In the sea generator, the outer polygon is a big bbox. If I connect the
points
all inner shapes are connected to the corners of the bbox (if I don't care
about
visibility). My idea is that if I create the connection with the shortest
line
it is impossible that another shape is crossed.

WanMil wrote
> Of course you can create your own distance calculation without the
> spherical part. It is required in the Quadtree because it checks if the
> checked point is more far away than a given gap. Another reason is that
> one Garmin map unit does not have a constant length. Was that your
> problem with Line2D.ptSegDistSq()?

I really don't know. I find completely different nodes for the connections
when I use the simple calculation. I'll sleep again about this ;-)

WanMil wrote
> Your cut procedure still requires that all parts of mkgmap that use the
> resulting ways do not use the java.awt.geom.Area class. So another hard
> second part of the implementation is to find an adequate replacement for
> this.

Yes, I have to find a way to split the resulting polygon into parts with
less than
250 nodes. I don't yet have a good idea how to do this.

Ciao,