logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] unwanted node tags from relation

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Sun Jan 27 11:12:21 GMT 2013

Hi,

When I use place=country or place=state in my place style file,
I notice that mkgmap sometimes creates unwanted nodes at the borders with the same tags,
so that on my map the country or state name is rendered several times instead of just one.
For instance I want to render the state name of Scotland, which is just one place=state node:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/470649732

It is part of a relation which has the same tag, place=state:

Mkgmap creates 2 other nodes around the borders on my map with 'Scotland' as label but I want only one in the center.
I see the same effect in Switzerland, several unwanted place=country nodes of 'Schweiz' are rendered at the borders.

Is there a mkgmap tag created with those artificial nodes so I can distinguish them from the real OSM place nodes?
I tried (place=country | place=state) & boundary=administrative but this makes no sense because node 470649732 gets this tag too because it is part of a relation.