logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] coastline

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Jan 25 13:00:24 GMT 2013

RheinSkipper wrote
> Can precompiled sea be created fully automatically, or is it necessary to
> tweak broken coastlines manually?
>
> I have access to a system running Red Hat Linux 64 bit. But I have no root
> access and there is not much installed on the system, only java. And I
> have
> not much experience using Linux. But it may be worth a try. If the process
> can be made fully automatic, I could provide precompiled sea on a regular
> schedule.

See
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/help/options#Using_precompiled_sea

I think the process depends on the coastline data from
http://openstreetmapdata.com/data/land-polygons

So, it makes no sense to produce data on a daily bases when the
input data is updated less frequently (current data is from 2013-01-03.

Ciao,