logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] coastline

From RheinSkipper rheinskipper1000 at gmx.de on Fri Jan 25 11:46:52 GMT 2013

> Creating them is really simple, but getting the tools installed and
running isn't
> trivial :(
>
> If you use a 64bit Linux system, I can give you a pointer to my RPMs for
this.

Can precompiled sea be created fully automatically, or is it necessary to
tweak broken coastlines manually?

I have access to a system running Red Hat Linux 64 bit. But I have no root
access and there is not much installed on the system, only java. And I have
not much experience using Linux. But it may be worth a try. If the process
can be made fully automatic, I could provide precompiled sea on a regular
schedule.