logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] how to use diacritical marks / accents in style file

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Fri Jan 18 08:51:27 GMT 2013

Here are my findings (tested on a windows computer):

Saving one of the (default) style files as ansi (default) in Notepad++ everything is fine, except for the accents (doesnt work).
If I save them as UTF-8 without BOM (whatever that means) accents are ok
Saving them as UTF-8, mkgmap aborts with Error in style: Error: (polygons:3): Stack size is 5
Could not open style null

Files saved in UTF-8 (with or without BOM) aren't editable with notepad