logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Map size increase using osmupdate vs download

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Jan 17 15:17:03 GMT 2013

Hi Eric,

you have to add
-B=great_britain.poly
to your options. See http://download.geofabrik.de/clipbounds/

else osmupdate will add all changes that were made to the whole planet.
Probably, you also need something like
--complete-ways --complete-ways

to avoid broken ways in your updated file. These parms are passed to osmconvert.

See also http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmupdate

Ciao,
Gerd