logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Map size increase using osmupdate vs download

From Eric Fernandez zeb at zebulon.org.uk on Thu Jan 17 15:06:50 GMT 2013

2013/1/17 Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>:
> Hi Eric,
>
> what options do you use to update your map? If you download eg.
> germany.osm.pbf and later
> execute osmupdate.exe without a germany.poly you add all changes of planet
> to your
> osm file.
>
> Does that help?
> Gerd

Hi Gerd,

Yes, I used:
./osmupdate -v great_britain_previous.o5m great_britain.o5m
as well as:
./osmupdate -v great_britain_previous.osm.pbf great_britain.osm.pbf

The problem is, if I update a one-day old map (downloaded from
Geofabrik), the size of the new, updated map is significantly higher
than the same map from Geofabrik the day after. Tomorrow I'll try some
tests with today's great britain map to demonstrate this.

Eric