logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] revert (most of) removeShortArcs patch

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Jan 16 14:48:57 GMT 2013

Hi all,

with r2448 I committed the removeShortArcs patch.
It turned out that this change doesn't pass the unit tests.
It is quite difficult to adapt the unit tests, and it is also quite
different to move the removeShortArcsByMergingNodes() method
down to the MapDetail or RoadNetWork class.
So, finally, I thought again about the problem that I wanted to solve:
Shapes were not smoothed properly by DouglasPeuckerFilter
because removeShortArcsByMergingNodes() gives too many nodes
the preserved attribute.
So, finally, I think it is better to move the
removeShortArcsByMergingNodes()
method back to ElementSaver and fix the problem in MapBuilder by
simply resetting the wrong preserved attributes for all coords of
MapElements that are not roads.

Attached is a patch for r2450 which implements this.
removeShortArcs_v3.patch
<http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5744907/removeShortArcs_v3.patch>