logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] reduce_peak_mem_v1.patch

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Sat Jan 12 17:55:05 GMT 2013

On 12.01.2013 17:26, Geoff Sherlock wrote:
> Regarding polygon draw order. Draw level can be defined in TYP file if
> one is used. Draw level of sea should be < that of land.
>
> Geoff.
Yes they can be changed. But you only have about ~ 10 levels AFAIK. So
for some things (but only the most important, like sea, land, forest,
residential, any others?) - we could say that we put them into even
every order of 4 levels (and use for each one type - so that makes 16
types in the typfile.
Then we would say - depending on order, mkgmap chooses one of the types.
>From level 5 upwards come all other types - but they won't be ordered by
mkgmap.

So for a small number of objects, we could indeed use the typfile in
conjunction with mkgmap to choose the type. In general this is no good
solution....