logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] reduce_peak_mem_v1.patch

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Jan 12 09:11:44 GMT 2013

Hi WanMil,

> > Are you still working on the mp_cut branch or do you wait for something
> > from me?
> > I assume that the precomp-sea handling will change when the mp cut algo
> > changes?
>
> Yes. I have found some problems around tagging in mps that need to be
> fixed for the mp_cut branch but I am working on it. I am not waiting for
> you. Feel free to create you own CutAlgorithm (the interface probably
> will change a bit but that will be no big problem).

OK, I am sure this is a complex change.
Up to now I have no real new algorithm because I am not sure if
the new algo should just try to avoid thin areas or if it
should try to avoid small areas at all.

Another point:
I think you wrote that garmin format doesn't support holes in areas, but I can't imagine what
problem one gets when we just overlay one polygon with
one or more other polygons.
I think this is by far the better solution compared to the complex algo in
cutOutInnerPolygons().
I wanted to try it with --generate-sea=polygons, but I am not experienced
regarding styles and TYP files.
My problem: I did not find out what changes are needed in the style and
what TYP file one needs to try it.
It would be great if the wiki could show all needed steps.

Ciao,