logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] FakeIdGenerator

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu Jan 10 18:35:12 GMT 2013

> WanMil wrote
>>> I think we should at least limit this range.
>>
>> Why? mkgmap checks for a fake id only at 2 points:
>> Multipolygon: some logging is changed in case it is a fake id or not.
>> SeaGenerator: some coastline ways are copied when they don't have a fake
>> id.
>
> OK, so the potential problem is small, but would it be a problem to change
> isFakeId() to something like this?
> 	public static boolean isFakeId(long id) {
> 		return id >= startId && id < startId + 1L << 32;
> 	}
>
> Gerd

Sorry, I do not understand which problem you want to fix with that. I
don't see a problem :-)

Anyhow I don't know how many fake id's are generated in a common tile or
in all tiles of a whole planet. This number must be lower than 1L<<32
and it should be much lower than 1L<<32 for a long time. Otherwise this
patch will create problems in future when this limit is exceeded. So I
would not apply this patch without a good reason.

WanMil