logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] removeShortArcs_v2.patch

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Jan 10 17:25:24 GMT 2013

Great Patch.

It improved long distance routing for my map a little bit. It also
decreased map size by about 1%, and reduced compilation time for Austria
on my machine from 3:25min to 3min.
So it even improved in Austria, though I think besides the
Neusiedlersee, there is not much coastline in Austria....

Didn't try yet on Norway.
On 07.01.2013 19:57, GerdP wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is the corrected version of the patch to use removeShortArcs only for
> roads.
>
> removeShortArcs_v2.patch
> <http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5743266/removeShortArcs_v2.patch>
>
> It makes processing a bit faster and reduces the size of those tiles that
> contain
> a lot of coastline ways (e.g. around norway).
>
> Gerd
>

> --

keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org