logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Possible memory reduction in mkgmap

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Thu Jan 10 16:49:14 GMT 2013

Hi

> The disadvantage: OSMId2ObjectMap uses fastutil.jar, which is not used in
> mkgmap
> until now. I could try to change OSMId2ObjectMap so that it runs without
> fastutil.jar,

I think if it make a good difference in execution time as well as
memory then it will be well worth it. I want to be careful in
selecting dependencies, but this is one that we already have in the
wider project anyway.

Its probably worth it for the memory saving alone since it is so
large, but I suspect it will have some performance improvement anyway
although it is hard to know for sure without trying it.

..Steve