logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] FakeIdGenerator

From Roger Calvert roger at rogercalvert.me.uk on Tue Jan 8 20:16:06 GMT 2013

I have (eventually) got phyghtmap working - gave up on Python 3.3 and 64
bit and installed Python 2.7 and 32 bit, which works OK. The main
problem I have with phyghtmap is spelling it! So that problem has gone
away for me, but It might be good defensive programming to issue a
warning if there is likely to be a problem with IDs.

Thanks to all for advice on this.

Roger

On 08/01/2013 19:50, Geoff Sherlock wrote:
> As Thorsten said phyghtmap. Pain to set up on 64 bit system but good
> results.
>
> Geoff
>
> GerdP <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>     WanMil wrote
>
>         do you know any other tool than SRTM2OSM? If it's only
>         SRTM2OSM I guess there is no problem. The history of SRTM2OSM
>         tells that version 1.10 starts with IDs at 2^63-1 counting
>         down. So there are 4611686018427387903 ids until it conflicts
>         with mkgmaps FakeIdGenerator.
>

>     No, I don't know other tools, but you are not right.
>     Any id larger than 2^62 is considered to be a fakeid:
>
>       public static boolean isFakeId(long id) {
>        return id >= startId;
>       }
>
>     I think we should at least limit this range.
>
>     Gerd
>

>     --

Roger Calvert