logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter Options for small files

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Jan 8 18:05:54 GMT 2013

Roger Calvert wrote
> Is there (or could there be) an option in Splitter such that if it finds
> an input file which will be 'split' into only one tile, it will just
> copy and rename it without further processing?

There is no such option. See below.

Roger Calvert wrote
> This has arisen because in processing a group of tiles of varying size
> (some but not all of which need splitting), I have been getting
> artefacts (gaps between tiles). These disappeared when the original
> small tiles, rather than the 'single split' tiles were used.

I see two possible reasons:
1) splitter creates a new bounding box which is aligned to 2048 garmin
units, it will
"blow up" the original bbox if needed.
2) If the input file contains a bounding box, splitter doesn't copy data
that lies
outside of this bbox.

I assume the problem is caused by the 2nd reason, and that means, you can
have those
artefacts also when the file is split into more than one tile.
A possible solution would be to tell splitter to ignore the bounding box of
the input file.

Could you try that ? Or can you tell me how to reproduce the problem ?