logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Norway not buildable with the no-trim option

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Jan 8 09:45:27 GMT 2013

toc-rox wrote
> I have tested the norway map in both of my devices (Montana, Dakota) and
> couldn't find any problem.
>
> Regards Klaus

Thanks for testing. The problem is that - afaik - we did never exactly find
out what the reason for the crash
was, we just know that it is likely to occur in almost empty areas.
So, the absence of a crash with your data doesn't mean the problem is solved
:-(
It may also be related to gps firmware.

@Felix: Are you able to reproduce the problem reported in this thread?
http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/Serious-Bug-Mkgmap-creating-map-that-puts-news-GPS-confirmed-etrex-30-Oregon-550-into-bootloop-tp5508055.html

Please try also the removeShortArcs_v2.patch. This reduces the amount of
data needed to store the coast line information in the *.img file by ~ 25%,
so it reduces the likelyhood for the "There is not enough room in a single
garmin map for all the input data" message. I hope that WanMils work on the
new mp_cut branch will provide a much better solution for this.