logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Option review

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Sat Jan 5 23:49:55 GMT 2013

El 06/01/13 00:23, Steve Ratcliffe escribió:
> Hi
>

>>> road-name-pois
>>>

>> As I commented in the past, this option is still necessary for countries
>> where streets/roads are named with the type of way before the name, that
>>
> OK, although I also understood that having so many POI's caused
> problems.

I heard about problems when using road-name-pois, specially from Felix,
but I've been using this option for years and don't remember facing any
problem I could relate to it, apart from the long time searches take.

>> least in Spanish, Portuguese, French and Italian speaking countries to
>> work this way (probably most latin languages), so until a predictive
>> search method is implemented I vote for keeping this option alive.
>>
> This is something that I should work on then. I believe
> that I know how to make it work.

I would really thank you if you could do it.

>> If the above options have to be set in the style, would that mean a
>> different style is necessary for each country? Could we use something
>> like current inc/address file to define these options?
>>
> No it is 'can be' not 'have to be' set in the style. The command line
> options override any option that is set in the style. Sometimes it
> would make sense to set options in a style and sometimes it wouldn't -
> your choice.

OK, now it's clear
> Being able to define options like drive-on-left for different countries
> would be great, but that is a separate enhancement.
This would also be great for maps including left and right driving.