logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Option review

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sat Jan 5 23:23:05 GMT 2013

Hi

>> road-name-pois
>>
> As I commented in the past, this option is still necessary for countries
> where streets/roads are named with the type of way before the name, that

OK, although I also understood that having so many POI's caused
problems.

> least in Spanish, Portuguese, French and Italian speaking countries to
> work this way (probably most latin languages), so until a predictive
> search method is implemented I vote for keeping this option alive.

This is something that I should work on then. I believe
that I know how to make it work.

> If the above options have to be set in the style, would that mean a
> different style is necessary for each country? Could we use something
> like current inc/address file to define these options?

No it is 'can be' not 'have to be' set in the style. The command line
options override any option that is set in the style. Sometimes it
would make sense to set options in a style and sometimes it wouldn't -
your choice.

Being able to define options like drive-on-left for different countries
would be great, but that is a separate enhancement.

..Steve