logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Norway not buildable with the no-trim option

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Jan 3 19:05:53 GMT 2013

toc-rox wrote
> Hi Gerd,
>
> I have tried to build the norway map (unmodified data) with splitter 275
> (on top of splitter 270) ... but the result was negativ:
>
> There is not enough room in a single garmin map for all the input data
>    The .osm file should be split into smaller pieces first.
>
> Question: Is r275 the right version ?
>
> Regards Klaus

Hmm, I did not commit the latest changes to weight the sea nodes with a
factor of two.
The open question is: will we see problems when a tile contains only sea and
land polygons?
Do you want to try that?

I think the more promising approach is to use generate-sea=polygons, but I
don't know what
the wiki means when it says that you have sea below the land...