logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Short Arc Problem? Error 3 Mapsource, Problem on Calculating this route Basecamp.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Jan 3 14:02:36 GMT 2013

So what is the difference in treating MPs in comparison to if it were
tagged directly on the square?

because in general creating several routable lines on top of each other
is perfectly okay. Are they maybe not correctly connected?

Could it be that even though both lines are routable and on top of each
other, only one is connected with the road to both sides?

GPSMapedit is not really working for me anymore to check out routing
attributes. I assume it's not fully compatible to mkgmap created maps
any more (cannot see road_speed and road_type nor routing nodes anymore
(and I know that they are of course only to be found in resolution 0)).
On 03.01.2013 14:44, Minko wrote:
> I agree with Chris that it is related with the MP, it solves the issue if you use continue.
> I dont recommend to use it here, because it draws also a 0x07 line on top:
>
> # Mop up any unrecognised highway types
> highway=* & highway!=proposed & area!=yes [0x07]
>
> The issue also disappears when you use
> highway=residential & area!=yes [0x06 road_class=0 road_speed=2 resolution 22]
> instead of the default rule
> highway=residential [0x06 road_class=0 road_speed=2 resolution 22]
>
> So it got to do with those two routable lines on top of each other
>

>> Note that the square is tagged as MP.
>>
>> So maybe the MP processing is doing some strange things here.
>>
>> Chris

keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org