logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] There is not enough room in a single garmin map for all the input data

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Dec 30 16:34:00 GMT 2012

GerdP wrote
> Another strange observation: Although my input file doesn't contain a
> single way with highway=*
> I see many coord objects with a highwayCount > 1, which in turn means
> these coords are preserved by
> the removeShortArcsByMergingNodes() method. I assume this is explained by
> the fact that the
> precompiled sea polygons contain the edges of the grid, so many points
> share the same coords although
> they are not on a highway. In short: the name highwayCount is missleading.

No, it's worse: The sea generator adds one sea polygon and one land polygon,
both share
all (!) points that are one the coast line. All these points are later
preserved in the
removeShortArcsByMergingNodes() method. So, the coast line is saved very
detailed for
each resolution.
I am pretty sure this is not intended ?