logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] There is not enough room in a single garmin map for all the input data

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Dec 30 14:40:57 GMT 2012

Henning Scholland wrote
> But wouldn't this lead into other problems? If you split some tiles
> covering Finland, Sweden and Baltic Sea you will have some tiles without
> any real data. If I remember correct, this will lead to an boot loop on
> some devices.

Well, if that is the case I should remove the precomp-sea parm
completely. If I use it with norway.osm.pbf, I create tiles that
have only one way around sweden:
and you are right, it would be possible to see tiles that
just contain a bbox.

Due to the precomp-sea parm and and the used style mkgmap creates an img
file
with 13mb for this. The bounding box for this tile contains many small
islands so
I guess it is okay that mkgmap creates such a  huge file?

63240001.o5m <http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5741986/63240001.o5m>